Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionThough he did t coin the phrase Progressive Education, American philosopher and psychologist, John Dewey, has historically been associated with this modern educational method. In these two works, The School and Society and The Child and Curriculum, Dewey lays out his philosophies of pragmatism, educational reform, and his advocacy of democracy. In a time when education focused primarily on rote memorization and passive acquisition of kwledge, Dewey advocated a learning by doing method. He believed students would become more well-rounded, productive members of society through their natural inquisitiveness, and experimentation through interaction with the world. Dewey's complex and naturalistic theories were primary influences in both education and social reform in the twentieth century. Furthermore, he has become kwn as one of the founders of the philosophy of pragmatism and functional psychology. Today, his work is still a valuable source of information and inspiration to those interested in the education and development of school-age children.
- Author(s)John Dewey
- Date of Publication20/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.