All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- Description'All wars are alike. What I experienced in Leban, others experienced in France, in Spain, in Yugoslavia, or elsewhere. Yes, all wars are alike, because while weapons change, the men who wage and are subjected to war do t in the least.' Alexandre Najjar was eight when Leban erupted into a bloody and brutal conflict; he was twenty-three when the guns at last fell silent. After seven years of voluntary exile spent clearing his mind from the unbearable nightmare of civil war, he is w back amongst his family and friends, and the past is quickly catching up with him. As he reacquaints himself with his bullet-riddled city, Alexandre is haunted by vivid memories, which he sets down with extraordinary imagination and humour. Sometimes stalgic, and sometimes brutal and shocking, The School of War offers unforgettable insights into the experience of childhood in war.
- Author BiographyAlexandre Najjar was born in Lebanon in 1967. He is considered to be one of the best Lebanese novelists of his generation, and has won many prizes, among them the Bourse de l'Ecrivain from the Fondation Hachette, the Prix de Poesie de la Ville de Paris, the Prix du Palais Litteraire, the Prix Litteraire de l'Asie, the France-Liban Prize, and, most recently, the Amsterdam Prize. He is a lawyer and a literary critic, and lives in Paris and Beirut.
- Author(s)Alexandre Najjar
- PublisherTelegram Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Weight145 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.