All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionBehind every Summer Olympic scoring football kick, tennis-ball bounce and hard-hitting volleyball serve, science is at work. The type of kick used on a football affects its path. An equestrian leans forward during a jump to help the horse balance. Cyclists wear tight clothing to reduce drag. Find out how science is involved in several popular Summer Olympic events and how athletes take science into account in their quest for the gold medal.
- Author BiographyStephanie Watson is a freelance writer specializing in health, science, and young adult nonfiction. She has written more than two dozen books, including Brain Injuries in Football, The Escape from Alcatraz, and Mystery Meat: Hot Dogs, Sausages, and Lunch Meats. Stephanie is also a regular contributor to WebMD, Healthline, and several other consumer websites. She lives in Rhode Island with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Stephanie Watson
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleEdge Books: Science of the Summer Olympics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.