Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science Delusion offers a counterpart to the wave of aggressive anti-religionism exemplified by Richard Dawkins' 'scientific' critique of The God Delusion. Its aim is t to defend any specific religious faiths, but to show how what we call 'science' is as much based on irrational and dogmatically unquestioned beliefs as the most 'fundamentalist' religion. By cutting through the common myths and delusions that make up our idea of 'science', as well as those that science itself is founded upon, philosopher Peter Wilberg lays down a 'heretical' challenge to the quasi-religious authority that the modern scientific world-view wields in today's globalised Western media and culture. In contrast to the unthinking debate between secular atheists and religious theists, he argues that the question of God's reality does t depend on the existence or n-existence of a supreme being 'with' consciousness - but can be answered through a new understanding of God as consciousness.
- Author BiographyBorn in London in 1952, Peter Wilberg studied at Oxford and with Antioch University. He has spent his life researching and writing in the fields of philosophy of medicine, psychiatry, psychotherapy, science and religion. He has a particular interest in Indian tantric metaphysics and theology and in the Eastern roots of early Christianity. His published books include The Awareness Principle - a radical new philosophy of life, science and religion; 'Heidegger, Medicine and 'Scientific Method' and The QUALIA Revolution - from quantum physics to cosmic qualia science.
- PublisherNew Gnosis Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRuislip
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Gnosis Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.