All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionTravel where no man has gone before with this decade-by-decade progression of science-fiction classics. From the classic, low-budget space exploration Flash Gordon tales of the Saturday matinee serials, to the slick CGI-realized world of The Matrix, science-fiction films have long been pushing the boundaries of the visually and dramatically fantastic--turning the known world on its head, playing with the laws of physics, and all the while holding their audience spellbound. The Science Fiction Universe . . . and Beyond offers a breadth of knowledge, insight, and passion to a century of close encounters, black holes, time travel, distant planets, impossible quests, nuclear war, futuristic technology, inexplicable forces, spaceships, extraordinary monsters, and subterranean societies. Arranged chronologically, showing the progression of sci-fi over the decades, and delving into interesting back stories and trivia, this volume includes a variety of classic films and television shows, such as The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), The Twilight Zone (1959-1964), Doctor Who (1963-1989), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Star Wars, Episode IV--A New Hope (1977), Alien (1979), E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007), Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009), and many others.
- Author BiographyMichael Mallory is an internationally recognized authority on twentieth-century popular culture. He is the author of Universe's Universal Studios Monsters: A Legacy of Horror as well as Marvel: The Characters and Their Universe and X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe.
- Author(s)Michael Mallory
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note300 Colour and Black and White Illustrations
- Weight1710 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.