All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this international best seller has been fully revised and updated describing the complete chocolate making process, from the growing of the beans to the sale in the shops. The Science of Chocolate takes the reader on the journey of chocolate, to discover how confectionery is made and the way in which basic science plays a vital role. The second edition contains new chapters, covering topics which include nutrition - why chocolate is good for you - how to stop it melting in hot countries and possible methods of putting bubble inside a chocolate bar. This book will appeal to those with a fascination for chocolate and will be of specialist interest to those studying food sciences and working in the confectionery industry. A series of experiments, which can be adapted to suit students, are included to demonstrate the physical, chemical and mathematical principles involved.
- Author BiographyBSc (Durham) D.Phil (York) in physics. 8 years research into asbestosis, followed by over 27 years working in the chocolate industry, with Rowntree then Nestle. Chairman of Solingen Confectionery School, Chocolate Technology Conference Committee (Germany). Now retired from Nestle, and currently a director of Sporomex, an encapsulation research company.
- Author(s)Stephen T. Beckett
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note146 black & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.