All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionNatural Dyes offer a variety of hands-on activity for learning or teaching about the science of natural dyes and dyeing at any grade level. This book includes the basics of dyeing with natural dyes, dozens of recipes, an introduction to the physics of light and color, the chemistry of dyes and dyeing and the biology of plant dyes. Each dye is presented in the recipe section along with relevant cultural information and the name or class of the chemical substances in the dye.
- Author BiographyJeanne M. Buccigross teaches Chemistry at the College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati OH. One of her favorite and most popular courses is The Science of Art which includes the topic of natural dyes. Dr. Buccigross regularly participates in enrichment programs for children and teachers. She has taught science workshops for students as young as 7 and dye workshops for students as old as 60. She has taught in science workshops for primary and secondary school teachers. Dr. Buccigross has published research papers in biochemistry and chemical education, but now prefers broader research topics that combine science and art. Dr. Buccigross received a B.S. in Earth Science from Framingham State College with a minor in Secondary Education and course concentrations in English and Journalism. After working for a few years, she returned to school to earn a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Clark University. When time allows, she enjoys auditing art classes at the College. Dr. Buccigross's broad educational background and even broader interests make her the perfect author for this book.
- Author(s)Jeanne M Buccigross
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication19/12/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.