Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.01+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Includes a preview of the new vel in the Outlander series.</b><b> This could be the worthy Lord John Grey s breakout vel, as readers are treated to large dollops of Outlander hero Jamie Fraser. . . . The strong chemistry between these two stalwart, yet supremely dissimilar, protagonists crackles. <i>Booklist</i></b> A captivating return to the world Diana Gabaldon created in her Outlander and Lord John series, <i>The Scottish Prisoner</i> is a masterpiece of epic history, wicked deceit, and scores that can only be settled in blood. London, 1760. For Jamie Fraser, paroled prisoner-of-war, life is coming apart at the seams. In the remote Lake District, where he s close eugh to the son he cant claim as his own, Jamie s quiet existence is interrupted first by dreams of his lost wife, then by the appearance of an erstwhile comrade still fighting to rally the Irish. But Jamie has sworn off politics, fighting, and war. Until Lord John Grey shows up with a summons that will take him away from everything he loves again. Lord John is in possession of explosive documents that expose a damning case of corruption against a British officer. But they also hint at a more insidious danger. Soon Lord John and Jamie are unwilling companions on the road to Ireland, a country whose dark castles hold dreadful secrets, and whose bogs hide the bones of the dead. <b> Call it what you will historical adventure, conspiracy thriller it s an engrossing story, masterfully paced, with exciting plot twists, swift reversals, and robust characterizations. <i>The Globe and Mail</i></b><b> A spirited return to the world first created in Outlander . . . This vel is, ultimately, an authentically fashioned historical mystery that allows the author to do what she does best: chronicle the lives of her characters with impeccable detail. . . . Gabaldon fans, you ll find much to delight in here. <i>Library Journal</i></b><b> As always, Gabaldon goes above and beyond. . . . If you love historical fiction, this book could be a good entrance point into the Outlander world. Bookreporter</b>
- Author Biography<b>Diana Gabaldon</b>is the #1<i>New York Times</i>bestselling author of the wildly popular Outlander novels <i>Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes</i>(for which she won a Quill Award and the Corine International Book Prize), <i>An Echo in the Bone, </i>and<i>Written in My Own Heart s Blood</i> as well as the related Lord John Grey books<i>Lord John and the Private Matter, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, Lord John and the Hand of Devils, </i>and<i>The Scottish Prisoner;</i>one work of nonfiction, <i>The Outlandish Companion;</i>and the Outlander graphic novel<i>The Exile</i>. She lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, with her husband.
- Author(s)Diana Gabaldon
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.20
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.