Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionSet on the island of Chincoteague, Virginia during the Civil War, The Sea Is a Thief tells the story of a dangerous courtship between Sam Dreher, a young Union sailor serving on a gunship sent to protect the island, and Anna Daisey, a Chincoteague girl whose gifts as a wildlife artist are beginning to blossom. By the time a jealous rival exposes the clandestine romance, their love has grown so strong that they defy an approaching gale to steal one last day together. In the chaos wrought by the storm they are lost to each other. As the long war rages, Anna clings to the hope of her lost sailor's return, refining the artistic skills she has learned from her mentor, the island's reclusive medicine woman. Sam, stranded behind Confederate lines and injured terribly, can survive only by stealth, courage, and a most fortunate encounter with the Underground Railroad. A century and a half after it was fought, we have come to kw the War Between the States as series of debates, campaigns, and battles won or lost. The Sea is a Thief offers a new perspective from the dusty lanes and muddy channels of an oystering island in Virginia, chronicling its effects on a captivating crew of hardy watermen, rogue hunters, moonshiners and merchants. At the center of the storm stand an unlikely young couple who desire only to love each other in peace. Of course, the beloved wild ponies of Chincoteague play a central role.
- Author(s)David Parmelee
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.