All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in association with the National Maritime Museum, this anthology celebrates the sea as an elemental force with deep resonances for people everywhere. As such, it has always had a place of hour in poetry. Poets from time immemorial have written of sea adventures, voyages, explorations, battles, drownings, storms, shipwrecks, fishing and trade, to name just some of the human interactions with the sea which have been described, praised or lamented in poetry. The Sea! The Sea! entertainingly blends poems ancient and modern, well-kwn and familiar, solemn and light-hearted. As well as English-language poets from the anymous author of The Seafarer to the present, the book includes a light seasoning of Spanish and French poems to commemorate their countrymen's part in the 1805 Battle of Trafalgar, whose anniversary this book commemorates.
- Author BiographyPeter Jay is the editorial director of Anvil Press, which he founded in 1968. Among his books are a collection of poems `Shifting Frontiers', the Penguin Classic edition of `The Greek Anthology', and several translations including Gerard de Nerval's `Chimeras', Janos Pilinszky's `Crater' and Nichita Stanescu's `The Still Unborn About the Dead'. He lives in Greenwich.
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPeter Jay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.