All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.88Trending at AU $78.76
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $13.89Trending at AU $16.13
About this product
- DescriptionCor McPherson, who turned] 35 in August, is one of the genuine treasures of the English-language theatre. It is absolutely intoxicating to ponder what he will give us in the future.-Irish Echo The unique and extraordinary aspect of McPherson's writing is the way in which his characters reveal themselves in tiny details which almost imperceptibly build up an extensive picture of the past, present and future, t just of themselves but of Ireland.-The Sunday Mail (London) Cor McPherson returns to his native Dublin for the setting of his new play, which he will direct in a much-anticipated production at London's National Theatre in fall 2006. It is Christmas Eve, and James Sharky Harkin, erstwhile fisherman/van driver/chauffeur, gathers with friends at the dingy flat he shares with his blind brother to drink booze and play cards. As Christmas Eve becomes Christmas Day, the familiar-looking stranger Mr. Lockhart reminds Sharky of the bargain he made when they last met in prison-and Sharky suddenly finds himself playing a game with the stakes set at his soul. With this magnificently atmospheric new play, McPherson is once again set to entrance his audience, this time with a new take on the Faustian theme. Cor McPherson was born in Dublin, where he still lives. His plays include This Lime Tree Bower, St. Nicholas, The Weir, Port Authority, Dublin Carol, and Shining City, which premiered on Broadway in spring 2006. One of Ireland's leading playwrights, his work has been produced throughout the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Author BiographyConor McPherson was born in Dublin, where he still lives. His plays include This Lime Tree Bower, St. Nicholas, The Weir, Port Authority and Dublin Carol. He has written three films, I Went Down, Saltwater and The Actors, and directed the last two.
- Author(s)Conor McPherson
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/12/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight172 g
- Width167 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.