All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid French's brilliant translation of The Seagull, in collaboration with Russian scholar, Donna Orwin, is at one and the same time a revitalization of a Russian theatre classic, and French's personal tribute to one of the greatest playwrights of all time. Cast of 5 women and 8 men.
- Author BiographyAnton Chekhov Born in 1860, Anton Pavlovich Chekhov was a Russian short-story writer, playwright and physician, considered to be one of the greatest short-story writers in the history of world literature. His career as a dramatist produced four classics and his best short stories are held in high esteem by writers and critics. Chekhov's play The Seagull, translated by David French, is available from Talonbooks. David French Born in Coley's Point, Newfoundland, David French was one of Canada's best-known and most critically acclaimed playwrights. His work received many major awards, and French was one of the first inductees into the Newfoundland Arts Hall of Honour. Among his best-loved works are the semi-autobiographical Mercer plays: Salt-Water Moon; 1949; Leaving Home, recently named one of Canada's 100 Most Influential Books (Literary Review of Canada) and one of the 1,000 Most Essential Plays in the English Language (Oxford Dictionary of Theatre); Of the Fields, Lately and Soldier's Heart. The Mercer plays have received hundreds of productions across North America, including a Broadway production of Of the Fields, Lately. This quintet of plays about a Newfoundland family has also touched audiences in Europe, South America and Australia. In addition, French produced skillful adaptations of Alexander Ostrovsky's The Forest, Anton Chekhov's The Seagull and August Strindberg's Miss Julie.
- Author(s)Anton Chekhov
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Weight157 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byDavid French
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.