All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by a real-life incident of the death of a seagull, this is hailed as the best written play by Chekov. It tells a poignant love story centered on literaray nentity Konstantin's tragic quest for a burgeoning actress Nina. Swirling around the country estate are characters who reflect Konstantin's pain and suffering in their own harshly realistic ways. Chekov introduces a brand new form of literature to emphasize characters other than plot. Instead of placing characters beneath a steady frame, Chekov lets his characters guide the subtle movement of the sad tale of devastated dreams and hopes. The dying seagull symbolises the emptiness of defeat and further stressing the beauty of life.
- Author BiographyAnton Chekhov is known as one of the world's greatest playwrights and short story writers. He penned the following plays: The Cherry Orchard; The Seagull; Three Sisters; Uncle Vanya; and the short story: Gooseberries.
- Author(s)Anton Pavlovich Chekhov,Fred Eisemann,Olive Frances Murphy
- PublisherBranden Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/1963
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBranden Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Out-of-print date27/05/2010
- Weight80 g
- Width114 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byF. Eisleman,O.F. Murphy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.