All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in paperback, here is the bestselling vel by a writer of extraordinary gifts (Tobias Wolff). Stunning, hyptic, spare, The Seal Wife tells the story of a young scientist and his consuming love for a woman kwn only as the Aleut, a woman who refuses to speak. A vel of passions both dangerous and generative, The Seal Wife explores the nature of desire and its ability to propel an individual beyond himself and outside convention. Kathryn Harrison brilliantly re-creates the Alaskan frontier during the period of the First World War as she explores with deep understanding the interior landscape of the human psyche a landscape eerily continuous with the splendor and terror of the frozen frontier and the storms that blow over the earth and its face.
- Author BiographyKathryn Harrison is the author of the novels The Binding Chair, Poison, Exposure, and Thicker Than Water. She has also written a memoir, The Kiss. Her personal essays have appeared in The New Yorker, Harper s Magazine, and other publications. She lives in New York with her husband, the novelist Colin Harrison, and their children. She can be reached at email@example.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Kathryn Harrison
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width132 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.