All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe Seamstress and the Wind is a deliciously laugh-out-loud-funny vel. A seamstress who is sewing a wedding dress for the pregnant local art teacher fears that her son, while playing in a big semitruck, has been accidentally kidnapped and driven off to Patagonia. Completely unhinged, she calls a local taxi to follow the semi in hot pursuit. When her husband finds out what's happened, he takes off after wife and child. They race t only to the end of the world, but to adventures in desire - where the wild Southern wind falls in love with the seamstress, and a monster child takes up with the truck driver. Interspersed are Aira's musings about memory and childhood, and his hometown of Coronel Pringles, with a compelling view of the hard lot of this working-class town, situated t far from Bues Aires.
- Author BiographyNominated for a Neustadt Award and shortlisted for the 2015 Man Booker International Prize, Cesar Aira was born in Coronel Pringles, Argentina, in 1949. He has published at least ninety books. Rosalie Knecht won a Fulbright to work closely with Cesar Aira on the translation of The Seamstress and the Wind.
- Author(s)Cesar Aira
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight130 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byRosalie Knecht
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.