All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionPerspectives on Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Inflammation is a very complicated process of interrelated events and cas- cades that does t allow for an easily defined, focused attack for drug discovery. It is evident from years of research and development that certain classes of compounds (e.g., NSAIDs, steroids, and so on) have had a meas- ure of success in alleviating pain and even dampening cellularlhormonal mechanisms involved in the process. Clear, mechanism-related therapies (e.g., for arthritis) and targeted drugs (e.g., for transplantation) have t been available in the past and, in reality, research in inflammation has re- lied on more phemelogical approaches for resolving symptoms or on blatant cytoreductive approaches in cases like organ transplantation. In the last decade, approaches that have revealed vel cellular pathways in which intervention is possible for lymphocyte regulation (for example, cyclosporine and FK506) and small molecular weight mediators (e.g., leu- kotriene inhibitors) are w either standard therapy or will be in a short time. These latter approaches have been the result of research from the 1970s up to the present.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/02/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJulian Adams,Vincent J. Merluzzi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.