Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores a large gap in English-speaking philosophy by investigating the neglected concept of understanding and linking it to the much-discussed concept of kwledge. Focusing on the process of coming to understand, it concludes that understanding is in fact the most important form of kwledge. It then further explores the important implications that arise both within philosophy and outside it. Because of its relevance to problems faced by many disciplines, it is written without technical terms in a style accessible to n-philosophers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: R.L. Franklin oM.A., Ll.M. (Melb), Ph.D. (W.Aust.)! practised law in Australia till he became interested in philosophy. After teaching in several universities in Australia and elsewhere, he is now Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of New England in New South Wales, Australia. Publications include Freewill and Determinism, shorter monographs, book chapters, and articles in philosophical, legal and theological journals.
- Author(s)R. L Franklin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRevisioning Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.