All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn Olive's third adventure, what lurks below the house could be as dangerous as what's hidden inside . . . Some terrifying things have happened to Olive in the old stone house, but ne as scary as starting junior high. Or so she thinks. When she plummets through a hole in her backyard, though, she realizes two things that may change her mind: First, the wicked Annabelle McMartin is back. Second, there's a secret underground that unlocks t one but two of Elsewhere's biggest, most powerful, most dangerous forces yet. But with the house's guardian cats acting suspicious, her best friend threatening to move away, and her ally Morton starting to rebel, Olive isn't sure where to turn. Will she figure it out in time? Or will she be lured into Elsewhere, and trapped there for good?
- Author BiographyA two-time Pushcart nominee for poetry, Jacqueline West (www.jacquelinewest.com) came to writing by way of opera (she studied vocal performance) and acting (she worked as an actress at a dinner theatre while earning her degree). Looking back on it, it's hard for Jacqueline to believe she ever wanted to be an opera singer, but singing, acting, and writing have one thing in common, she says: They're all about telling a story, about getting inside the mind of someone other than yourself. The Books of Elsewhere were inspired by a strange old house in Jacqueline's home town--three floors, cracking paint, sagging porches--that was owned by a professor who created all sorts of odd contraptions. Like lots of kids who live mostly in their imaginations, Jacqueline was obsessed with all things mysterious, creepy, and darkly funny, and with stories where magic intersects with everyday life. She was enthralled by Roald Dahl, Lewis Carroll, John Bellairs, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, Calvin and Hobbes, Bunnicula, etc. Jacqueline lives with her husband and their dog, Brom Bones (of Sleepy Hollow fame).
- Author(s)Jacqueline West
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBooks of Elsewhere (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.