Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER OF THE 2015 BEST INDIE BOOK SHELF UNBOUND NOTABLE INDIE AWARD Thanks to a drunken accident in western Uganda, Martin and Andrew think they've found the next culinary craze to hit Manhattan's trendy restaurant scene. They're about to find out they've stumbled onto a centuries-old secret that, once unleashed, may be impossible to contain. Everyone wants something from the new discovery. Andrew wants a chance to make a decent living and escape his dead-end job. Self-absorbed, greed-driven Martin wants to profit from a cut-throat industry that envisions a revolutionary product lurking in the find. Military organizations at home and abroad have their own, more violent agendas. And, hidden in a west Ugandan valley, a tribe of guardians wonder if an ancient prophecy is reaching fulfillment, or if the world discovered their secret too soon. In a story reminiscent of Crichton and Brown's corporate and religious thrillers, John Butziger presents a potent mix of adventure, conspiracy, and the mystical. From the petty double-dealing of a culinary network channel to the high-stakes world of cyber-espionage, Butziger weaves a complex adventure where few can be trusted-and all want to control the power of The Second Tree.
- Author BiographyAs a partner and board member of an innovative advertising technology firm, engineer and entrepreneur John Butziger led teams in areas as diverse as environmental engineering programs, medical device research, and product development. He has worked in Manhattan for more than ten years, travelling internationally to deploy new technology and develop business opportunities. He drew upon his extensive experience in international entrepreneurship and science while writing The Second Tree. With a master's degree in engineering and several patents, Butziger publishes in both domestic and international journals. He has lectured on entrepreneurship and engineering at Columbia University in New York City, and the HEC Business School in Paris, France. Married with three children, Butziger lives in Rhode Island. His passions include travel, fishing, music, writing, and spending time with his family.
- Author(s)John Butziger
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.