All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCLOSING THE RING covers the decisive 12 months between June 1943 and June 1944. Command of the seas had returned to Allied hands, the U-boats were mastered and the Luftwaffe beaten. These achievements made possible the 'closing of the ring' which was to extinguish Axis resistance and eventually end the war. The danger was longer defeat but stalemate. Russian armies were driving the German invaders back into their own country, Italy was freed from the fascist yoke and Africa was cleared. However, before the Allies lay the formidable task of invading the aggressors in their own land. Frankly and unreservedly, Sir Winston Churchill reveals the tensions and divergences of opinions concerning how best to achieve this among the three great partners, Britain, USA and Russia.
- Author BiographySir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom throughout the Second World War. Throughout his long and distinguished political career his writing was prolific. He was the author of 42 books and won the NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE in 1953 for his 'mastery of historical and biographical description'. Regarded by many as the greatest British Prime Minister in history.
- Author(s)Winston Churchill
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleHistory of the Second World war
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Weight886 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.