CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionFor eight grim months Great Britain stood alone as the only European power still carrying on the struggle against Nazi Germany. Eight months in which the Luftwaffe tried and failed to drive the RAF from the skies; eight months in which the Nazi fleet tried to starve Britain into submission. Focusing on the period from May 1940 to the end of the year, THEIR FINEST HOUR embraces Sir Winston Churchill's first days as Prime Minister, France's defeat, British troops' mass evacuation from Dunkirk and the uneasy summer when the enemy was daily expected upon our shores. However, it also features the first gleams of light as the danger of invasion faded and the year closed with Desert Victory. The descriptions of these times and events, both desperate and hopeful, are drawn from the pen of the man who shaped them and who led his people in resistance to every challenge, bringing the period to a close with the first victorious counter-attack.
- Author BiographySir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom throughout the Second World War. Throughout his long and distinguished political career his writing was prolific. He was the author of 42 books and won the NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE in 1953 for his 'mastery of historical and biographical description'. Regarded by many as the greatest British Prime Minister in history.
- Author(s)Winston Churchill
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleHistory of the Second World war
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Weight904 g
- Width160 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.