All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $47.96Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhen orphaned Mary Lenx was sent off to Misselthwaite Mar to live with her uncle, everybody said she was the most disagreeable-looking child ever seen. It was true, too. She had a little thin face and a little thin body, thin light hair and a sour expression. Her hair was yellow, and her face was yellow because she had been born in India and had always been ill in one way or ather. Indeed, she was Mistress Mary, Quite Contrary, through and through! Yet there was something strange about the place she was heading for. Said Mrs. Medlock to Mary beforehand, Do you kw anything about your uncle? No, said Mary frowning. She frowned because she remembered how her father and mother had never talked to her about anything in particular. Humph, muttered Mrs. Medlock, staring at Mary's queer, unresponsive little face for a few moments. Then she said, I suppose you might as well be told something, to prepare you. You are going to a rather queer place!
- Author(s)Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.