Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionMary Lenx is a sour-faced 10-year-old girl, who is born in India to selfish wealthy British parents who had t wanted her and were too wrapped up in their own lives. She is later sent to Yorkshire, England to live with her uncle, Archibald Craven at his home called Misselthwaite Mar. While exploring the gardens, Mary comes across a badger hole and finds a key belonging to the untended garden. She chances to ask Martha for garden tools, which Martha has delivered by Dickon, her twelve-year-old brother. Mary and Dickon take a liking to each other, as Dickon has a soft way with animals and a good nature. Eager to absorb his gardening kwledge, Mary lets him into the secret of the garden, which he agrees to keep.
- Author BiographyFrances Hodgson Burnett, was an English playwright and author most famous for her children's stories, in particular The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, and Little Lord Fauntleroy. Frances began writing to help earn money for the family, publishing stories in magazines from the age of 19. Her romantic adult novels were also popular.
- Author(s)Frances Hodgson Burnett
- PublisherMax Bollinger
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleChildren's Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMax Bollinger
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.