Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOfficial histories have determined our view of the past. Governments and those in power have tried to preserve and reveal only information that serves their interests. Until w. The Secret Histories is a groundbreaking collection of the documents that have clarified history and altered the way we view politics and culture. From Edwin Black's investigation into the strategic alliance between IBM and the Nazi regime to I. F. Stone's classic study of the hidden history of the Korean War, from the 1952 Reader's Digest expose of tobacco's link to cancer and heart disease to Seymour Hersh's report on the My Lai massacre (as well his expose on the abuse in Abu Ghraib prison), this is the perfect anthology for those seeking to revisit--or discover for the first time--the stories that have shaped our understanding of the world.Edited by ted journalist and filmmaker John S. Friedman, as well as featuring an illuminating preface by bestselling author James Carroll ( An American Requiem and Constantine's Sword ), The Secret Histories is an invaluable resource guide and a genuine tool for further change. It is a must-have book for anyone yearning to expand their understanding of the past and the present.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Friedman is a journalist and documentary filmmaker. He produced the Academy Award-winning documentary Hotel Terminus: The Life and Times of Klaus Barbie, and directed the documentary Stealing the Fire, a history of the WMD-underground from the Holocaust to the present. He is a regular contributor to The Nation, among other publications. Friedman holds a Ph.D. in comparative literature.
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJohn S Friedman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.