All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has long been a need for a scholarly English edition of the great 13th century historical epic, The Secret History of the Mongols, the only surviving Mongol source about the empire. The book is mainly about the life and the career of Chinggis Khan, his ancestors and his rise to power. Chinggis Khan was t only a military genius, but also a great statesman and diplomat. Through a combination of armed force and diplomacy, he managed to merge the complex system of alliances which existed between diverse tribes into a powerful confederacy that swept across most of Eurasia, starting in 1219. Urgunge On's fresh translation brings out the excitement of this epic with its wide-ranging commentaries on military and social conditions, religion and philosophy, while remaining faithful to the original text. This fully antated edition is prefaced by a 36 page introduction setting the work in its cultural and historical context.
- Author(s)Urgunge Onon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- fishingreelfind...25 Aug, 2016by
A little repititous
I was a bit disappointed in the publication. I was looking for more of a story. Considering this is a translation of actual historical fact i found it interesting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.