All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.04Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a single swflake - from it's creation in the clouds, following its fall to earth, and its brief sparkling appearance on a child's glove. Featuring photographs of real swflakes, forming in a laboratory, water evaporating, clouds developing, ice crystals, rain, dew, frost - all the elements that accompany and add up, bit by bit, to the white landscape of winter. Aimed at readers from five upward, this book shows stunningly beautiful photographs of swflakes, along with a description of how they are formed, fall, and explains this magical phemena, making it all the more real and bound to appeal to both children and adults.
- Author BiographyKenneth Libbrecht is a Cal-Tech Professor, who's micro-photography of snowflakes has been shown in three bestselling books: Snowflakes, Art of The Snowflake, Field Guide to Snowflakes.
- Author(s)Kenneth Libbrecht
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note50 colour, 3 diagrams
- Weight553 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.