All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Secret Lives of Artworks is a collection of essays on the phemen that viewers treat works of art as living beings: they attribute life, personhood and agency to them, kiss them, beat them, or claim that portraits look at viewers, and that statues move, breathe and speak. This volume engages in existent theories of these phemena in art history, psychology, aesthetics and anthropology developed by the members of the Leiden 'Art, Agency and Living Presence' group. The Secret Lives of Art Works identifies new areas of research and presents the theoretical and historical account exploring the boundaries between 'Art and Life'.
- Author BiographyProf. dr. Caroline van Eck is professor of Architectural History and Theory at Leiden University.|Joris van Gastel is phd art historian and fellow at the Humbolt University of Berlin.|Elsje van Kessel is PHD art historian and fellow at the Centre Allemand d'Histoire de l'Art in Paris.
- PublisherLeiden University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintLeiden University Press
- Weight748 g
- Width1560 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCaroline van Eck
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.