Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is happening to our brains when we watch an exhilarating match? Why are fans so loyal to their team? Journalist Eric Simons explores the psychology behind the love of the game. Attending neuroscience conferences, talking to psychologists, scientists and fans, He sets out to discover what it is that makes sport so strangely compelling. Exploring the psychology and social role of sport, The Secret Lives of Sports Fans will appeal to readers of Kate Fox, and anyone who finds themselves addicted to sporting spectacle or the ups and downs of their team.
- Author BiographyEric Simons graduated with a Masters in environmental and science journalism in 2008. He has contributed to the San Francisco Chronicle, Los Angeles Times and other publications. His first book, Darwin Slept Here, a historical biography of Charles Darwin's four-year journey in South America, was published to acclaim in 2009.
- Author(s)Eric Simons
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.