All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProlific author and pioneer of the science fiction vel, Jules Verne, also, possessed hidden side that was encrypted into all his works - his active participation in the occult milieu of late nineteenth century France. Among the many esoteric secrets to be found are significant clues to the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery, including the location of a great treasure in the former Cathar region of France and the survival of the heirs to the Merovingian dynasty. Verne's books, also, reveal Rosicrucian secrets of immortality and some are constructed, like Mozart's The Magic Flute , in accordance with Masonic initiation. This work investigates Verne's connections to the prominent secret societies of his time: Freemasons, Golden Dawn, Angelic Society, and Rosicrucians. It reveals how certain of Verne's works hold the key to deciphering the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery. The passe-partout to Verne's work (the skeleton key that is, also, the name of Phileas Fogg's servant in Around the World in Eighty Days) lies in the initiatory language he employed to inscribe a second or even third layer of meaning beneath the main narrative, which is revealed in his skilled use of word play, homonyms, anagrams and numerical combinations. The surface story itself is often a guide that tells the reader outright what he or she should be looking for. Far from incuous stories for children, Verne's work reveals itself to be rich with teachings on symbolism, esoteric traditions, sacred geography, and the secret history of humanity.
- Author BiographyMichel Lamy has spent many years researching the relationship of symbolism, sacred geography, esoteric tradition, and secret history to literature. He is the author of books on Joan of Arc, the Templars, and the hidden history of the Basque region. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Michel Lamy
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication27/07/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w ills
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.