All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe acclaimed story of an adopted teenager's quest to find her place among family, friends, and the wider world. Being adopted is a fact of life in the McLane household: fourteen-year old Lizzie, as well as her older brother and sister were adopted as infants. But facts are t feelings, and what it feels like to be adopted is something Lizzie never dares discuss with her loving parents, let alone with outsiders. Lizzie yearns to confide in others, especially her friend, Peter. Yet something stops her. Will Peter think she is less because her birthmother gave her away? Would telling be disloyal to her adoptive parents? To make sense of her life, Lizzie pours her emotions into her poetry--list poems, sonnets, free verse, sestinas, blues--about her family, best friends, basketball, the dance. Then a tragic accident occurs, and Lizzie kws she must find the courage to speak. In an afterword, the author discusses her own adoption and the beneficial powers of reading and writing poetry. Also included are a guide to the book's poetics and recommended books and links about adoption and poetry.
- Author BiographyMeg Kearney is the author of The Secret of Me and The Girl in the Mirror. She has written two prize-winning poetry collections for adults and a critically acclaimed and popular picture book for children, Trouper (Scholastic). Before becoming founding director of the low-residency MFA at Pine Manor College (Chestnut Hlil, MA), Kearney was Assoc. Director of the National Book Foundation, sponsor of the National Book Awards, for 11 years.
- Author(s)Meg Kearney
- PublisherPersea Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPersea Books Inc
- Weight160 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.