The Secret of Monument Valley: The Trail of the Anasazi by Mark Stephen Taylor (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- Description* The Secret of Monument Valley (Volume 2 in the Florea/Holland Mystery Series)... According to the so-called experts, in about 1450 AD, an exceedingly prosperous generation of Native Americans, kwn then as the Anasazi, vanished from their strongholds in the American Southwest--disappeared without so much as a trace. However, the Native Americans of the present day Navajo Nation dispute the theoretical findings of modern day archeologists and anthropologists. In fact, the Navajos claim that a sovereign remnant of the Anasazi currently dwells among them! It's time to tag along once again with treasure hunter, Rod Florea, and trail expert, Mitch Holland (Prequel: The Sun, The Glass, and the Leaning Rock), as they make a predestined journey into the desert southwest, most eager to solve this enduring mystery once and for all. Based on actual accounts from Native American residents of the Navajo Nation, award-winning author Mark Stephen Taylor thrusts his characters into the heart of this most interesting controversy. What they must endure is indeed most shocking. What they will find is most profoundly enlightening! Florea and Holland, accompanied by White Eagle, who claims to be the last surviving elder of the Anasazi, challenge the prevailing philosophies, following a five hundred year old trail from Chaco Canyon across the rugged, desert southwest into Monument Valley. It is along this trail and among the towering sentinels of the Navajo Tribal Park that the secret of Monument Valley and the trail of the Anasazi are revealed to the world. Are you ready to hike along? Watch out for the opposing forces, which stem from the very halls of government, and will resort even to kidnapping and murder to thwart the purpose of this monumental journey!
- Author BiographyMark Stephen Taylor is the author of 'Hiking the Trail of Truth', an award winning autobiography that deals with actually seeing God in His creation through the wonders that He has made. Mr. Taylor is a retired California Peace Officer, educated in criminal psychology and geology. Currently a Biblical teacher and counselor, he offers us some most unique insights into the profound attributes of God. He has also authored 'Hiking Life's Difficult Trails', an in depth look at life's spiritual dilemmas, now in two editions, the second of which is solely for High Country Hikers, whose desire is to learn more about what's behind the wonder and splendor encountered along the high trails. 'Knowing Just Who You Are', is the latest in this 'self-help category', and is for sure an eye-opening look at ourselves as individuals-a treatise on body, mind and spirit. Mr. Taylor has in addition produced books that he labels, 'a bit of fiction and reality'. Among his bestsellers in this category are, (1) 'Lone Pine'; a story of love undying, (2) 'A High Sierra Christmas'; an untold tale of Jeremiah Johnson, (3) 'Three Days in Lone Pine'; and untold tale of the High Sierra 1873, and his latest western, (4) 'Still Waters'; legend of the white wolf. (Note: 2, 3, & 4 are now part of the new 'Lone Pine Western' series.) 'The Sun, The Glass, and The Leaning Rock'; the secret of the lost Dutchman's gold (also published under the 1984 title, 'A Second Chance'; a daring tale of high adventure), kicks off an exciting mystery series involving characters Rod Florea and Mitch Holland, whose expertise in treasure hunting and route finding are unmatched anywhere in the country. The second book in this series is 'The Secret of Monument Valley'; the Trail of the Anasazi, which solves the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the Anasazi people of the desert southwest. In the third book of the mystery series, 'Treasure of the High Sierra'; Dead Men's Gold, their treasure hunting and route finding experience leads them on a most enlightening but dangerous journey, where they come to the aid of two teenagers in their quest for old, hidden pirate treasure. Unfortunately they must deal with the ghastly spirits of long dead buccaneers! Expect more great stories in both this mystery series and the new Lone Pine Western series. Coming soon in the mystery series: The Secret of Death Valley, (late 2014).
- Author(s)Mark Stephen Taylor
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.