Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the few practicing physicians to be elected to the National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine and one of a rare breed of doctors who writes with clarity and ease, Dr. Felch describes his 40-year experience in the mainstream of medical care. Both as a primary care physician making house calls and as a leader in medical professional organizations, Felch reflects on everyday matters of patient care, pointing out that they are actually complex, multifaceted, and unique. He points out that today's patients frequently give high marks to their physicians for competence and proficiency, but low marks for compassion and caring. He says our scientific enterprise is exceedingly good at generating new techlogy, very good at carrying out basic laboratory research, quite good at mounting large clinical studies of new pharmaceuticals, but only fair at converting collective data about disease into clear-cut strategies for doctors to use with their individual patients. Readers of this book, including potential doctors, will come away with a clearer understanding of the specific activities of medical school, residency training, and patient care as a practitioner, including the problems encountered and the values received.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM FELCH served as Medical Director of United Hospital in Port Chester, New York, as Trustee of New York Medical College, and as president of the American Society of Internal Medicine. He is the author of six books, including Continuing Medical Education (with Adrienne Rosof, Praeger, 2d ed., 1992). He was in private practice as a primary care physician for nearly 40 years.
- Author(s)William Campbell Felch
- Date of Publication30/01/1996
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.