All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPain is a part of life. It interferes with our plans, threatens our state of being, and affects our relationships with others. Since antiquity, people have searched for remedies to mitigate and prevent pain. Even w, in 2016, one of modern medicine's greatest challenges is treating chronic pain. Despite great advances in this field, it is still considered a major health problem. Most people will suffer pain at some point from common problems, injuries, or illnesses, which will affect their ability to perform routine activities as well as their long-term health. Many patients are t completely alleviated by the usual treatments they receive. With that in mind, this practical guide clearly and effectively addresses topics such as: How pain functions How to alleviate chronic pain Alternative therapies for pain relief Habits that can prevent pain Natural solutions for common pains Benefits and side effects of common pain relief drugs This guide will walk you through detailed descriptions of a variety of painful conditions, from headaches and stomachaches to phantom limb and neurological issues. You will also learn about a wide range of therapies and treatments for these conditions, including massage, yoga, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, diet, and herbal remedies, among others.
- Author BiographyDr. Luis Aliaga is coordinator of the Pain Clinic at the Quiron Teknon Hospital. He is a specialized anesthesiologist of pain with more than thirty years of experience as a medical doctor. In addition, he was codirector and professor of the master's program in pain management at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (1991-1999) as well as editor of the Spanish medical journal Dolor. He has published several reference books in Spanish, including Tratameinto del Dolor and Teoria y practica y Tecnicas Intervencionistas en el Tratamiento del Dolor.
- Author(s)Dr. Luis Aliaga
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note40 B&W illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.