All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionTwo award-winning professors, a former admissions officer at a major university (w a counselor at a prestigious high school), and a gifted high school senior (w in the throes of the college admissions process himself) team up to offer you over 600 tips, techniques, and strategies to help you get in to the college of your choice. Comprehensive, yet easy-to-read, this book will teach you: * How to size up the colleges you're considering and come up with a coherent list. * What are college nights, college fairs, and college rep visits and how you can use each to your advantage. * What are holistic , contextualized , and legacy admissions and how each can work for you. * How some schools count demonstrated interest and how you can take advantage of this little-kwn fact. * What are Early Decision, Early Action, and Single-Choice Early Action and whether any is right for you. * How to figure out the true costs of college, and what is the difference between need- and merit-based aid. * What it means when colleges say they meet 100% of demonstrated financial aid and what loan-free means. * When and how to make campus visits and what to do on each. * How to prepare for each section of the ACT or SAT and how to increase your scores. * What admissions officers are looking for in your application and how to give it to them. * How to write the all-important Common App essay and present your extra-curricular activities. * How to prepare for an alumni interview and present yourself in the best light. * Whom to ask for letters-of-recommendation and how to help them write the best possible letter. * How to compare your final offers and, in some cases, substantially improve them. * When it's good to wait out the wait list and when t. *-and much, much more. When you understand the college admissions process, you can maximize your chance of success. Why t put yourself ahead of the pack?
- Author BiographyLynn F. Jacobs is a professor of Art History at the University of Arkansas, having previously taught at Vanderbilt University, California State University Northridge, the University of Redlands, and NYU. Jeremy S. Hyman is founder and chief architect of Professors' Guide content products, (www.professorsguide.com) and lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Arkansas. He has also taught at UCLA, MIT, and Princeton University. Together, they are authors of The Secrets of College Success: Over 800 Tips, Techniques, and Strategies Revealed. Jeffrey Durso-Finley has been director of college counseling at the Lawrenceville School, in Lawrenceville, NJ, for the last ten years. Before that, he served for eight years as assistant director of admissions at Brown University. Jonah T. Hyman is a senior at Haas Hall Academy in Fayetteville, Arkansas and is currently in the throes of the college picking and, hopefully, getting in process.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Durso-Finley,Jeremy S. Hyman,Jonah T. Hyman,Lynn F. Jacobs
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleProfessors' Guide
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight366 g
- Width148 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.