Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.45Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.75Free postage
- AU $14.96Was:AU $19.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description**SHORTLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2016** 'Outrageous, hilarious and profound.' Simon Schama, Financial Times 'The longer you stare at Beatty's pages, the smarter you'll get.' Guardian 'The most badass first 100 pages of an American vel I've read.' New York Times A biting satire about a young man's isolated upbringing and the race trial that sends him to the Supreme Court, The Sellout showcases a comic genius at the top of his game. Born in Dickens on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles, the narrator of The Sellout spent his childhood as the subject in his father's racially charged psychological studies. He is told that his father's work will lead to a memoir that will solve their financial woes. But when his father is killed in a drive-by shooting, he discovers there never was a memoir. All that's left is a bill for a drive-through funeral. What's more, Dickens has literally been wiped off the map to save California from further embarrassment. Fuelled by despair, the narrator sets out to right this wrong with the most outrageous action conceivable: reinstating slavery and segregating the local high school, which lands him in the Supreme Court. In his trademark absurdist style, which has the uncanny ability to make readers want to both laugh and cry, The Sellout is an outrageous and outrageously entertaining indictment of our time.
- Author BiographyPAUL BEATTY is the author of the novels Slumberland, Tuff, The White Boy Shuffle and The Sellout, which has been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016. He is also the author of two books of poetry, Big Bank Take Little Bank and Joker, Joker, Deuce, and is the editor of Hokum: An Anthology of African-American Humor. He lives in New York City.
- PrizesWinner of Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2016.
- Author(s)Paul Beatty
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2017
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.