All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents theoretical descriptions and a computational implementation of the semantics of Chinese (Mandarin) aspects. Fourteen Chinese simple aspects and twenty-six complex aspects are organized into a single hierarchical system network drawing on the theory of systemic functional grammar. In the theoretical part, the semantics of the aspects included in the Chinese aspect system is interpreted with a focus on the aspects' aspectual functions, temporal structures, and semantic applicability conditions. In the computational part, the semantic applicability conditions of individual aspects provided by corresponding aspect selection functions in the theoretical descriptions are implemented for automatic generation. As one of the contributions to linguistic research, the processing of complex aspects in Chinese is taken as a particular focus of this study.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Guowen Yang, born in Beijing (China), received a Bachelor of Engineering in computer science from Tsinghua University in Beijing, an M.A. in computational linguistics from the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in Beijing, and a Ph.D. from the University of Bremen. She is an associate professor at the Institute of Linguistics of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
- Author(s)Guowen Yang
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 21: Linguistik/Series 21: Linguistics/Serie 21: Linguistique
- Series Part/Volume Number312
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notegraph.
- Weight590 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.