Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.08+ AU $6.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt came to me then, like a chilly draught from an unseen gap, that I had always kwn in my deepest heart that it would be like this, a slipping away from a life full of people I had come to love, in a place I had helped to shape, in a land I had helped to free. The time has come at last for Elspeth Gordie to leave the Land on her quest to find and stop the computermachine Sentinel from unleashing the deadly Balance of Terror arsenal. But before she can embark on her journey, she must find a lost key. And although she has long prepared for this day, thing is as she anticipated. Elspeth's search will take her where she never thought to go, and bestow upon her stranger companions than any she ever imagined. It will lead her far from her destination to those she believed lost forever. And it will test her, as she has never been tested before . . .
- Author BiographyIsobelle Carmody is one of Australia's most highly acclaimed authors of fantasy. At fourteen, she began Obernewtyn, the first book in her much-loved Obernewtyn Chronicles, and has since written many works in this genre. Her novel The Gathering was joint winner of the 1993 Children's Literature Peace Prize and the 1994 CBCA Book of the Year Award, and Greylands was joint winner of the 1997 Aurealis Award for Excellence in Speculative Fiction (Young Adult category), and was named a White Raven at the 1998 Bologna Children's Book Fair. Isobelle's work for younger readers includes her two series, The Legend of Little Fur, and The Kingdom of the Lost, the first book of which, The Red Wind, won the CBCA Book of the Year Award for Younger Readers in 2011. She has also written several picture books as well as collections of short stories for children, young adults and adults. After living in Europe for more than a decade, these days Isobelle divides her time in Australia between her home on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, and Brisbane, where she is working on a PhD at the University of Queensland. She lives with her partner and daughter, and a shadow-black cat called Mitya.
- Author(s)Isobelle Carmody
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight415 g
- Width123 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition Statement6th edition
Most relevant reviews
- kerrimarmari02 Jan, 2017by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- bsmiley200729 Aug, 2013by
This book ends with a hugh cliff hanger!
The first 206 pages of this book is not very exciting, nothing much going on. The rest of the book is pretty good. This is a cliff hanger story and the final book, The Red Queen, has an indefinite publishing date. The original publishing date for the Red Queen was Aug 30, 2012, it's already a year overdue.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69