All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Serpent's Promise, Steve Jones retells many of the biblical tales in the light of modern science. Are we all descended from a real-life Adam and Eve? Are some-or all-of us marked with the molecular equivalent of original sin, and if so what can we do about it? Was the Bible's great flood a memory of the end of the Ice Age? And what can science tell us of the mystical experiences reported by the faithful, or of the origin of faith itself? Some people deny the power of religious belief, others the findings of science. In this groundbreaking work from one of our great science writers, Steve Jones explores how these mysteries often overlap. He steps aside from the isy debate between believers and n-believers to show how the questions that preoccupy us today are those of biblical times-and that science offers many of the answers. At once brilliantly erudite and highly readable, The Serpent's Promise is a witty and thoughtful account of the greatest scientific story ever told.
- Author BiographySteve Jones is professor of genetics at University College London. He is the author of The Darwin Archipelago; Y: The Descent of Man; Darwin's Ghost; Almost Like a Whale: The Origin of Species; and The Serpent's Promise. Jones is the winner of Royal Society Faraday Medal for the Public Understanding of Science. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Steve Jones
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.