All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a splendidly-illustrated biography of Weimar Berlin's sordid and influential dancer, playwright and actress. In an era where everything was permitted, Anita Berber's celebrations of Depravity, Horror and Ecstasy were condemned and censored. She often haunted Weimar Berlin's hotel lobbies, nightclubs and casis, radiantly naked, except for an elegant sable wrap, a pet monkey hanging from her neck and a silver brooch packed with cocaine. Multi-talented Anita saw boundaries between her personal life and her taboo-shattering performances.
- Author BiographyMel Gordon is a professor of theatre at the University of California, Berkeley, and is also the author of The Grand Guignol: Theatre of Fear and Terror (Da Capo) and Erik Jan Hanussen: Hitler's Jewish Clairvoyant (Feral House, also available from Turnaround)
- Author(s)Mel Gordon
- PublisherFeral House,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/06/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeral House,U.S.
- Content Note180
- Weight461 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.