All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the Healing Power of the Wilderness People have moved away from Mother Earth, bringing heartache, pain, and other maladies of the modern age. The self-help movement claims to offer peace and fulfillment to individuals, but this solitary approach takes us only so far. Ultimately, it is in communion with our fellow beings and the natural world that we are made whole. We need to leave the path of Me and follow the path of We. This poetic, evocative story presents the meditations of an ancient Anasazi tribesman who rejects his family and sets off on a journey through the desert. He walks seven paths, each teaching a lesson symbolized by an element of the natural world: light, wind, water, stone, plants, animals, and, finally, the unity of all beings with the Creator. The Seven Paths reveals a source of wisdom, restoration, and renewal familiar to native people but lost to the rest of us, seven elements among nature that combine to mend human hearts.
- Author BiographyFounded in 1988 by renowned wilderness pioneers Larry Olsen and Ezekiel Sanchez (Good Buffalo Eagle), and located in the heart of Arizona, the Anasazi foundation gives young people an opportunity, through a primitive living experience and a philosophy that invites healing at the hands of nature. Anasazi's family-focused intervention programs are recognized worldwide for their unique and caring approach to treatment. ANASAZI's preventive efforts-including parenting workshops and community drug awareness/education forums-have inspired two international best-sellers (Leadership and Self-Deception and The Anatomy of Peace), an Emmy-nominated drug abuse prevention campaign, and peacemaking techniques used as far away as the Middle East. More than 3,000 families have participated in Anasazi since its inception in 1988. It is estimated that 40,000 students have participated in outdoor programs designed by Larry D. Olsen and Ezekiel C. Sanchez at universities and treatment programs worldwide.
- Author(s)Anasazi Foundation
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width55 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Foreword byGood Buffalo Eagle.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.