All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe gospel of John is one of the most beloved, yet challenging books in the Bible. This is often the first book suggested for new believers to read because the fourth gospel provides unique insight into Jesus the Messiah and the Christian faith. This gospel is different from Matthew, Mark, and Luke, but does a superb job of presenting Jesus the Messiah in all His glory. The Sevens of John is t a superficial overview of the fourth gospel, r does it delve into discussions that only theologians can appreciate. This book seeks the middle ground of a scholarly examination of the fourth gospel for those who desire an in-depth understanding of this gospel. As the title suggests, the contents are presented in seven chapters, each with seven sections to offer a complete portrait of Jesus for your spiritual walk and also offer insight into the fourth gospel. In the Bible, seven means perfection and is an appropriate title for a book about Jesus the Messiah. This book draws from many sources to offer a solid presentation of Jesus the Messiah from a conservative, evangelical perspective. Sources range from modern scholars of Scripture to the classics. The approach in this book is that the Bible is the Word of God and is infallible, inerrant, and complete containing everything necessary to learn of God the Father, Jesus the Messiah, the Holy Spirit, and salvation.
- Author BiographyCraig B. Manning is a career writer/editor. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Baylor University in Waco, Texas with a double major in Journalism and Religion. After working at several newspapers, he moved into hardware/software documentation and is now a technical writer in Houston, Texas. In addition to writing this book, he has prepared curriculum and taught numerous semester adult Sunday school classes. He is an avid reader with an extensive library in Biblical studies and Christian doctrine. He and his wife, Karen, recently celebrated their twenty-fifth anniversary and they have four children. The family attends a non-denominational Protestant church. Several years of research were devoted to this project. Around 65 sources were cited. Of these, all but the classic were published in the last sixty years. In the writing, no source was referenced fewer than twice and no more than necessary. This was done to ensure that no one source unduly influenced the material. Also, more controversial topics or concepts were buttressed with a minimal of three reputable sources to validate the research.
- Author(s)Craig B Manning
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.