All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Seventh Dog is a new mograph/photobook by American photographer Danny Lyon. Organised chrologically, this artist's book tells the story of Danny Lyon's 50-year-career as one of America's most original and influential documentary photographers. Groundbreaking as a photobook in itself, Lyon tells this story starting in the present day and going back in time to the beginning of his career in the 1960s when he photographed the American civil rights movement and the Chicago bikeriders. Through text and image - colour and b&w photographs, original photo collages, letters and other ephemera (many published here for the first time), and Lyon's own writings - this is a story of Danny Lyon's personal journey as a photographer - a story about photojournalism, the move from film to digital photography, about Lyon's life and quest as a photographer, and of America.
- Author BiographyDanny Lyon has long been considered one of the most original and influential documentary photographers. He pioneered the style of photographic 'New Journalism' as he rebelled against Life magazine style photographs, instead immersing himself as a participant with his documented subjects. He produced his major bodies of work in this way: living with the Chicago outlaw motorcycle club for The Bikeriders, immersing himself in the Texas prison system for Conversations with the Dead. Since this work in the early 1960s and 1970s, Lyon has produced numerous highly collectible photobooks, mounted solo exhibitions at The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Art Institute of Chicago, The Corcoran Gallery in Washington DC, and won two Guggenheim Fellowships, a Rockefeller Fellowship, and ten National Endowment for the Arts awards. Lyon is the father of four children and divides his time between New York State and the state of New Mexico.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Sussman
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1860 g
- Width275 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographer(s)Danny Lyon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.