All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlashes of insight-the Eureka! moments that produce new and useful ideas in a single thought-are behind some of the world's most creative and practical invations. This book shows how to cultivate more and better flashes of insight by harnessing the science and practice of the seventh sense. Drawing from psychology, neuroscience, Asian philosophy, and military strategy, William Duggan illustrates the power of the seventh sense to help readers aspire to and achieve more in their personal and professional lives. His examples include Gandhi, Joan of Arc, Starbucks founder Howard Shultz, and executives and students he has taught in his classes. His book presents specific steps in the form of three practical tools to help prepare the mind, see and seize opportunity, and follow through on one's resolution. Based on Duggan's perennially popular Columbia Business School course, this book teaches the mental skills and discipline that power the seventh sense.
- Author BiographyWilliam Duggan is on the faculty of Columbia Business School, where he teaches the seventh sense in graduate and executive courses. He has given talks and workshops on the seventh sense to thousands of executives from companies in countries around the world. He is the author of Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement (Columbia, 2007), which was named Best Strategy Book of the Year by Strategy+Business, and Creative Strategy: A Handbook for Innovation (Columbia, 2012).
- Author(s)William Duggan
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleColumbia Business School Publishing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.