All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionHere is all the help needed to get the most out of your sewing machine's embroidery functions, including details about the types and formats of available designs, how to get these designs off the internet and onto your machine, how to stabilize your fabric, which threads and needles to use to get the best results, and of course how to use the patterns creatively for stunning results. It also provides guidance for making use of the built-in embroidery stitches that modern sewing machines offer, but which are mostly forgotten about and underused. The focus is n-brand specific, so you can follow along matter what model you have. A comprehensive section covers the details of editing, organizing, and saving your designs to transferring designs between your computer and sewing machine, downloading from the internet, and much more. Also included are step-by-by step instructions showing how to create a wide variety of embroidery designs from heirloom, free standing, 3D, fancy lettering, trapunto, and everything in between, plus how to use and place your designs exactly where you want them on any project. Idea Files provide inspiration with close-up images of the designs used in a variety of ways. With expert advice about what to look for when buying a new machine and a troubleshooting section for solving common mistakes and problems, this guide will help you get the most of out of your modern sewing machine.
- Author BiographyELIZABETH KEEGAN launched, compiled, and edits Flair, the U.K.'s only machine embroidery magazine. She also teaches and lectures about machine embroidery. Elizabeth lives in the U.K.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Keegan,Liz Keegan
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Weight408 g
- Width188 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.