All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Shakespeare Workbook and Video provides a unifying approach to acting Shakespeare that is immediately applicable in the rehearsal room or classroom. It is an easy-to-use text providing practical exercises in specific aspects of Shakespeare's language such as meter, imagery, rhetoric and sound play. In each of these areas, it takes the reader through three steps: Speak the Text, Question the Text and Act the Text. Online video material provides an insight into the acting process and shows the authors teaching a workshop in their method for acting Shakespeare to a group of young actors. The Shakespeare Workbook and Video is the go-to textbook for a practical exploration of Shakespeare's can.
- Author BiographyDavid Carey is a resident voice and text director at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. He has been a senior voice tutor at RADA and was previously Principal Lecturer of Voice Studies at Central School of Speech and Drama. Rebecca Clark Carey is the head of voice and text at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. She was a senior voice tutor at RADA and has extensive theatre experience as an actor and voice coach. They are the authors of The Vocal Arts Workbook + DVD (2008) and The Verbal Arts Workbook (2010).
- Author(s)David Carey,Rebecca Clark Carey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleTheatre Arts Workbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight409 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.