All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Berger writes: 'The pocket in question is a small pocket of resistance. A pocket is formed when two or more people come together in agreement. The resistance is against the inhumanity of the new world ecomic order. The people coming together are the reader, me and those the essays are about - Rembrandt, Palaeolithic cave painters, a Romanian peasant, ancient Egyptians, an expert in the loneliness of certain hotel bedrooms, dogs at dusk, a man in a radio station. And unexpectedly, our exchanges strengthen each of us in our conviction that what is happening to the world today is wrong, and that what is often said about it is a lie. I've never written a book with a greater sense of urgency.'
- Author BiographyJohn Berger was born in London in 1926. His many books include the Booker Prize winning novel G and, more recently, TO THE WEDDING. Amongst his outstanding studies of art and photography are ANOTHER WAY OF TELLING, THE SUCCESS AND FAILURE OF PICASSO and the internationally acclaimed WAYS OF SEEING. He lives and works in a small village in the French Alps, the setting for his trilogy INTO THEIR LABOURS. His latest novel KING was published in 1998.
- Author(s)John Berger
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/08/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.