All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark book, the concluding volume in a magisterial series, presents the story of America's interwoven history and geography from 1915 to 2000. Discussing such developments as the automotive, neotechnic, and communications revolutions, the world wars, urban migration, and regionalism, D.W. Meinig offers unprecedented insights into the reshaping of the United States. Meinig at his best: he presents a masterly synthesis of the cultural complexity of America, a compelling account of the dramatic but immensely complicated restructuring of its human geography during the twentieth century. -Graeme Wynn, Journal of Historical Geography This work will shape the way many people view the United States for a long time to come. Essential. -Choice This splendid work concludes the most ambitious writing project of any American geographer, ever. Global America meets and even exceeds the high standards set by the previous three volumes. -John C. Hudson, Northwestern University
- Author BiographyD. W. Meinig is Maxwell Research Professor of Geography at Syracuse University.
- Author(s)D. W. Meinig
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note87 b-w illus.
- Weight975 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.