All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the impact of the Persian style is undeniably reflected in most aspects of the art and architecture of Islamic Central Asia, this Perso-Central Asian connection was chiefly formed and articulated by the Euro-American movement of collecting and interpreting the art and material culture of the Persian Islamic world in modern times. This had an ermous impact on the formation of scholarship and conisseurship in Persian art, for instance, with an attempt to define the characteristics of how the Islamic art of Iran and Central Asia should be viewed and displayed at museums, and how these subjects should be researched in academia. This important historical fact, which has attracted scholarly interest only in recent years, should be treated as a serious subject of research, accepting that the abstract image of Persian art was t a pure creation of Persian civilization, but that it can be the manifestation of particular historical times and charismatic individuals. Attention should therefore be given to various factors that resulted in the shaping of Persian imagery across the globe, t only in terms of national ideologies, but also within the context of several protagonists, such as scholars, collectors and dealers, as well as of the objects themselves. This volume brings together Islamic Iranian and Central Asian art experts from diverse disciplinary and professional backgrounds, and intends to offer a vel insight into what is collectively kwn as Persian art.
- Author BiographyYuka Kadoi, PhD, is a Fellow at the Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Centre for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World at the University of Edinburgh, UK. Ivan Szanto, PhD, is a Lecturer at the Eotvos Lorand University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, and a Researcher at the Institute of Iranian Studies, Austrian Academy of Sciences (OAW), Vienna, Austria.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byIvan Szanto,Yuka Kadoi
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.