All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionTaking you through the year day by day, The Sheffield Book of Days contains quirky, eccentric, amusing and important events and facts from different periods of history. Events include matters of national importance such as the Coronation of George IV, as well as local incidents such as the Sheffield Outrages and accounts of riots in the town. There are amusing incidents from the local newspaper, for example the punishments inflicted on young boys for playing 'trip' during Divine Service and an outbreak of people being bitten by 'mad dogs'. Ideal for dipping into, this addictive little book will keep you entertained and informed. Featuring hundreds of snippets of information, it will delight residents and visitors alike.
- Author BiographyMARGARET DRINKALL has a Masters degree in History. Since retiring, she has become a full-time writer. A keen local historian, her previous books include Rotherham Workhouse, Murder & Crime in Rotherham, Murder & Crime in Sheffield and Sheffield Crimes. She lives in Rotherham.
- Author(s)Margaret Drinkall
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.