All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.49
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.93
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $11.93
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.68
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating look at a unique way of life. A wagon sits in the sagebrush-covered desert, while herders on horseback move sheep to high summer range. It looks like a scene from the Old West, but it's actually a sight you can see today. Shepherds still live in wagons, tending their flocks in Wyoming and other places in the American West just as they have done for more than a hundred years. You can still see the shepherds trailing, moving their flocks to the mountains in the summer and bringing them down to the desert for the winter. From breeding season to lambing season, and shearing in between, Cat Urbigkit presents a lively, informative text and stunning photographs that show how sheep are raised over the course of a year.
- Author Biography<b>Cat Urbigkit</b> is the author and photographer of <i>Cattle Kids: AYear on the Western Range</i>; <i>A Young Shepherd, </i>a Bank Street College Best Children's Book of the Year; and <i>Puppies, Puppies Everywhere!</i>, an IRA-CBC Children's Choice. She lives in Wyoming.
- Author(s)Cat Urbigkit
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight376 g
- Width234 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.